Superdefekt’s Roundup of the last weeks entries in Dubstep, Halfstep, Nustep & UK Garage
Nice selection for week 4 with new releases by Wraetlic, 3024, Nathan H, Silkie & more.
Swinging bass track, perfectly stripped down party music with emphasis on bassline and clap driven rhythm, accentuated by some warm organ chords. UK house flavor par excellence.
Quality bass music. Especially The Risk is a track which should feel at home in any purist‘s dubstep club as well as on the berghain mainfloor. Dark Mutations, on the other hand, is a halfstep bass transmission from the outer rims of the known galaxy.
Warm and organic future house vibes on the title track, starting off in a smokey hypnotic way, then building up to a conclusion full of bliss and beauty. Second track Kangs Odyssey is a 2step flavored afterhour gem. And finally Lorca adds some darker bass grooves in his remix of How The Fly Saved The River. Neat package.
Four tracks of forward thinking bass music by Neil Landstrumm and Optimo‘s DJ Twitch. The duo draws from their decade long career in electronic dancefloor music – and you can definitely hear that experts are at work here. Combining elements of oldskool rave and Sheffield style bleep techno this is an ep of modern dance music which uses the moods of the past to rewrite the future. Highly recommended.
Another class A release on George FitzGerald‘s Man Make Music Imprint, this being the most housey so far. Quality post house combining elements from deep house to UK garage for maximum effect. Big tip.
Something like a small label compilation for Martyn‘s 3024 label, showing off the talents of Kevin McPhee, Gingy, Nautiluss and Bruce Trail. Musically ranging from McPhee‘s post chicago mutations to pumping mainfloor techno by Gingy, from Nautiluss‘ atmospheric latenight house to Bruce Trail‘s abstract Detroit techno hybrid this is quality from beginning to end. Recommended.
Two grime infused post dubstep tracks for the darker hours on the dancefloor. Especially the b-side track Tribal, riding with halfstepped rhythm through a plethora of warm and wonderful chords and synth pad landscapes knows how to impress.
Alex Smoke in disguise on Jon Convex‘ Convex Industries label with a full album of new wave infused abstract electro tracks that aren‘t shy on the vocal side, making up for a as interesting as wonderful song collection of abstract melancholy hymns.
THIS WEEK IN BASS – WEEK 4 – MP3 & WAV Downloads:
Spread the word about THIS WEEK IN BASS – WEEK 4 – MP3 & WAV Downloads:
- THIS WEEK IN BASS – WEEK 8: Superdefekt’s Roundup of the last weeks entries in Dubstep, Halfstep, Nustep & UK Garage Next s...
- THIS WEEK IN BASS – WEEK 49/50: Pleasurable selection for week 49/50 with new releases by Kahn, Innex., Dusky & more. 01 - MEDI...
- THIS WEEK IN BASS – WEEK 44 / 45: Superdefekt's Roundup of the last weeks entries in Dubstep, Halfstep, Nustep & UK Garage Selecti...
- THIS WEEK IN BASS – WEEK 13: Superdefekt's Roundup of the last weeks entries in Dubstep, Techno, Halfstep, Nustep, UK Garage &am...
- This Week In Bass: Superdefekt aka sdfkt. aka Tim Lorenz (co)hostes the famous MFOC (sunday) nights at Hamburgs finest ...